Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $60,000-$85,000
Accountable Tech is looking for an Operations Manager and Special Assistant to support our growing organization. The Operations Manager and Special Assistant will work closely with Accountable Tech’s Executive Director to set up and maintain core organizational functions including finance, technology, human resources and other administrative capacities. Accountable Tech is leading the fight to reform our information ecosystem and hold social media companies accountable, and in this role you will ensure we have the systems and structure in place to be a fast-moving and nimble advocacy organization. The ideal candidate loves to make the trains run on time while fighting for tech infrastructure that prioritizes people over profits.
As the Operations Manager, you will:
- Work with the rest of the Accountable Tech team and partners to build the foundations for a growing organization by researching, designing, and implementing creative solutions to every sort of logistical and operational conundrum
- Manage our accounting and financial systems, including tracking budgets, drafting grant proposals and reports, overseeing contracts and payments, and reconciling accounts
- Support the hiring process including onboarding and offboarding staff, recruiting for open positions, and overseeing timekeeping
- Implement a data and information technology system that is user-friendly and secure, taking into account a fully-remote team
- Provide campaign and project support across Accountable Tech’s work
- Provide scheduling support for internal team meetings
- Provide logistical and programmatic support for team retreats, events, and other activities
- Support the Executive Director and senior leadership team as needed
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- You’re passionate about how social media companies pose an existential threat to our information ecosystem and democracy and driven to bring about long-term structural reforms
- You’re passionate about logistics, systems, and processes
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and analytical even in a fast-paced work environment
- You have 2-3 years of experience with operations, budgets, and/or tracking expenses
- You have experience as a project manager, owning complex projects and events from start to finish
- You’re comfortable working on tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects
- You’re comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have experience with financial management and accounting
- You have experience designing systems for an all-remote team
- You have advanced skills with Excel/Sheets such as creating pivot tables
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Manager and Special Assistant Application” and attach your resume for consideration. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Accountable Tech. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Accountable Tech is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.