Reports to: Digital Director
Status: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $45,000-$60,000
Accountable Tech is looking for a Digital Associate to support our growing online presence. The Digital Associate will work closely with Accountable Tech’s Digital Director to maintain our social media handles and manage our email program, while strategizing and developing new digital and creative approaches to key reach audiences online. We’re looking for someone who is ready to bring the fight to social media companies on their very own platforms. Social media companies pose an existential threat to our information system and democracy, and we’re looking for a Digital Associate to help us drive this home online and fight for meaningful long-term structural reforms. The ideal candidate won’t be afraid to jump into our fast-moving campaigns and respond quickly to breaking news.
As the Digital Associate, you will:
- Work with the rest of the Accountable Tech team and partners to create successful digital campaigns and initiatives that drive forward our organization’s messaging and objectives
- Develop and manage content for Accountable Tech’s social media handles including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Support our growing digital programs beyond just social media through potential future work on email, SMS, and grassroots mobilization programs
- Strategize, develop, and maintain digital partnerships for Accountable Tech that expand our reach and audience online
- Quickly mobilize around rapid response moments with social media content
- Brainstorm innovative creative approaches to reach different audiences
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- You’re passionate about how social media companies pose an existential threat to our information ecosystem and democracy and driven to bring about long-term structural reforms
- You’re experienced with writing and calendaring for social media and email programs, and familiar with tools like TweetDeck, SproutSocial, MailChimp, EveryAction, Phone2Action, and/or NewMode
- You’re an excellent writer who loves experimenting with tone, voice, and personality
- You’re passionate about all things social media and in-the-know about the latest trends and viral memes online
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and analytical even in a fast-paced work environment
- You have experience tracking online campaign performance, and enjoy using analytics to make content perform better
- You’re comfortable working on tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects
- You’ve got experience jumping into rapid-response moments
- You’re comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have at least one year of experience running social media or digital programs
- You have an interest or experience in graphic design or video production
- You have experience managing websites through tools like WordPress or Webflow
- You have dabbled before in email programs like MailChimp, Every Action, or Substack
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Associate Application” and attach your resume for consideration. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Accountable Tech. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Accountable Tech is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.